Clonard College is conscious of the need to provide an efficient process for families to be able to buy and sell second-hand textbooks and other student resources.
The college’s new initiative is to provide parents with the ability to trade these second-hand items via the Sustainable School Shop website. www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
Results from other schools have been excellent - families have enjoyed a very comprehensive and convenient method of buying and selling second-hand items.
The new service is very accessible, it preferences our school first and then provides access to buy and sell items with families attending other schools - many schools use this service. Access to second-hand textbooks, calculators, stationery, musical equipment, etc is available all year.
For the best results:
• Register on the Sustainable School Shop website
• List your items for sale
• List wanted ads for those items you are looking to buy
• The college’s booklists are loaded into the system to make listing ads easy
• The system matches the ads of buyers with sellers and notifies the buyer via email
• Buyers contact sellers and arrange where and when to trade
• Most trading will occur with other parents from the school
• Parents are well supported via Sustainable School Shop’s telephone (0438 743 444) and email help lines
• The system is simple and easy to use - If you don’t have a computer, internet access or an email address, please call the Sustainable School Shop for assistance
• You can pre-arrange the transaction and then trade after the texts are not required.
Clonard College is providing this service to our community; when registering on the Sustainable School Shop you need to nominate the college to receive your subscription.