Wearing a School Uniform
Uniform is an important way of developing a sense of group identity and breaking down the judgements that people make of one another based on clothing. Clonard is proud of its uniform and encourages students to take pride in their uniform and their personal appearance.
Terms 1 & 4
- Green summer dress
(minimum length: top of the knee)
- College Blazer
- Green jumper (Years 7 to 9)
- Grey jumper (Years 10 to 12)
- Grey ankle or knee length socks
- Black lace up shoes or black T-bars
- Clonard back pack
Terms 2 & 3
Long Tartan skirt
White round collared blouse
Green jumper (Years 7 to 9)
Red jumper (Year 10 to 12)
Black lace up shoes or black T-bars
Grey tights or grey socks
School scarf (optional)
- Green shorts
- College Polo Shirt
- College Track suit or Rugby Top
- White socks
- Sports Cap
- Track shoes/Runners
- Sports Skirt (optional)
• The College blazer is the official outer garment to be worn to and from school. On hot days,
students may wear only the dress. Jumpers are not to be worn as the outer garment to and
• Note that in 2019 the Year 11 and 12 students ONLY are permitted to wear the maroon
jumper as part of the transition period to the new senior grey jumper.
• Shirts are to be tucked in at all times. Blazers, school jumpers, rugby jumpers and spray
jackets are not to be worn around the waist.
• Students may wear the full Physical Education uniform only on days for which they are timetabled
to participate in Physical Education, Wellbeing or Dance classes.
• Clean shoes are to be worn correctly and fashion runners without adequate support will
not be tolerated.
• Hair colouring should be kept natural in colour. Extreme colours (such as greens, blues, pinks and reds)
are not appropriate. Hair is to be neatly groomed, appropriate to the wearing of uniform, fully tied
back and off the face at all times. When the hair is tied back, the accessory used must be maroon,
green or white in colour.
• Fashion jewellery or accessories of any kind are not to be worn. One wrist watch, a pair of plain
studs or small plain sleepers, one in each lower lobe of the ear, is permissible. No other jewellery
on any part of the body is to be worn (e.g.: nose rings).
• No make-up or coloured nail polish is to be worn.
• Tattoos are not endorsed by the College. At no time can tattoos be visible when students are in school
uniform or attending school events.
• Each student is to have a College back pack. All students’ back packs, books, diary and school
equipment are to be free from graffiti.
• Please note: The uniform must be worn as per the uniform policy. No compromises will be allowed
All items of uniform except shoes are available from Bellarine Uniforms at 162 Moorabool Street, Geelong Ph. 52219199.
Second Hand Uniforms
Clonard College utilises the services of Secondhand School Supplies which offers high quality and affordable pre-loved school uniforms.